Privacy & Cookies
Section 1 – What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website including your internet protocol (IP address), geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, website navigation
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including any forms you may complete (i.e. enquiry forms) and relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, including course applications
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Section 2 – How do we use your information?
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Process applications to study at the college
- Provide you with goods/services requested via the website
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications, including responding to enquiries you may submit via the website
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Please note we will not send you marketing material unless you have consented to us doing so.
We utilise forms on this website to collect information from you regarding enquiries, bookings and applications. When completing these forms, you will be asked if you would like us to subscribe to our marketing database. If you consent to this, we will send you emails from time to time about things such as events and new course opportunities. We may also use your information to tailor adverts on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and through Google Display Network. We do this to ensure that you see the things that are relevant to you.
If you subscribe to marketing and change your mind, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on our emails or by contacting email@example.com
Keeping in touch with prospective students
If you are applying to a course at the college, we will use your information to send you details necessary for your course, such as joining instructions, and to keep in touch regarding other relevant information, such as events that will allow you to experience the college before you start with us. Read our Student Privacy Notice for more information on how we will use your information if you apply with us.
Section 3 – Cookies
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone browser and is stored on your hard drive. Cookies are primarily used to improve your online experience, including allowing you to share content easily, including via social media.
We use the following cookies: _jiggler_session, _ga, _gat, _gat_oldtracker, _gid, __atuvc, __atuvs, _ga, _gat_oldtracker, _gid, __atuvc, __atuvs
When you visit a page with content embedded from places such as YouTube or Facebook, or one which has a "share" button, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We have no control of these cookies and you should check the third party websites for more information about these.
Section 4 – Third Party Services
In general, the third party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. For instance, sending you email communications.
However, certain third party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
Links: When you click on links on our website, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Section 5 – Disclosures
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
Section 6 – Security
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will store all the personal information you provide on secure servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Section 7 - Policy Changes
Section 8 - Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact us via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Section 9 - Data Controller
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Bishop Burton College.
Section 10 - Registration
Our data protection registration number is Z1569124.